Friday, October 23, 2009

Ryan's latest venture


Ryan's always been a word game fan. I have spent many happy hours of our married life being totally whomped by him any word game we play. We don't play Boggle anymore, because I just got too depressed after he would DOUBLE my score each stinking time. I'm not bitter, I promise. We still play Upwords, but I have a one game per night tolerance level. For the last little while after a round of Upwords, Ryan would play around with the letter tiles experimenting with a new word game idea.

A couple of months ago, a neighbor of ours mentioned to Ryan that he wanted to make apps for the iPhone and needed a graphic artist. Our neighbor's idea for a game was more complicated than he wanted to start with, so they decided to make the word game Ryan has been working on into an iPhone app. It's been exciting to see it become a real game!

The application process to Apple seemed to take forever. At long last, the game is now approved, and available in Apple's app store. It's pretty cool! Ryan has a website with a link to the app store. You don't need an iPhone to see it in the app store. If you do have an iPhone, it's a pretty darn cool game for $1.99...if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Is it okay that I'm totally impressed? Ryan, I always knew you were awesome.

Alan said...

That is mega awesome. His game is elegant simplicity. Very appealing to a scientist.

Sabrina said...

The game is perfect in so many ways! Easy to learn, fun to play, simple enough for kids to learn, requires thinking to master...we bought it and have posted it on facebook too. I can't believe I'm related to an iPhone app creator!