Friday, June 25, 2010

So, whatcha been doing for the last month?

I can't believe it has been nearly a month since school got out. I've been busy, and at this point in the summer, I always ask myself, "So, what HAVE you been doing...?" Not being in school always seems like the ticket to freedom, but it doesn't always mean I have plenty of time for everything I want. In the meantime, I have...
  • Done multiple loads of laundry
  • I think I've vacuumed once or twice
  • Put skirts together for a church thingy
  • Watched my sister in-law serge said skirts (she has some pretty sweet skills)
  • Interpreted...a lot. I put in my first 12-hour day of interpreting a few weeks ago. I've done "half" a day before while working for my dad, but never as an interpreter. I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Gone to a few yoga classes
  • Jogged around the park a time or two
  • Went to an interpreting training workshop
  • Went to a UT-ASLTA conference
  • Skipped the Region 5 RID conference
  • Attempted to organize summer activities for my ASL students. Haven't been overwhelmed by the response...yet...
  • Went to see Karate Kid (love Jackie Chan!)
  • Baked a few batches of bread, and tried out the Kaiser roll recipe in Peter Reinhart's book
  • Made a batch of 30 Kaiser rolls for the UT-ASLTA conference
  • Tried some wicked good ice cream recipes
  • Carried around a book for a class I'm taking that I haven't managed to get more than halfway through yet. Better get crackin', book's due on Monday.
  • Attended my first week of summer classes at WSU
  • Pulled a few weeds
  • Brought in a yard of dirt for the garden

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Sounds to me like you've been pretty busy there! I can't believe it's already the end of June - it's been totally nuts here, and the summer's already half over. WAAAAAAHHH!!

I just saw Karate Kid last night and loved the movie too.

Nurse Heidi said...

You forgot to add that you came to paint your sister's house ;).

Meri said...

Oh, Amy, you make me giggle. Um...that's an awful lot for your first relaxing month of summer. You were looking forward to this? You're crazy like your dad for sure. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks at the reunion you're planning in your spare time.