
I'm taking an ASL Linguistics class at the DATC this summer. Everything about it has been very good so far, including the fact that it is a near perfect match with UTA's bus schedule. It does add on another half-hour or so to the commute, but it's time that I can spend freezing to death on the over-air conditioned bus reading a book instead of fretting over morning traffic. Today I was able to get all of my homework from class done before I got home--and it only cost me $3.50 as opposed to the $6.26 I would have spent on gas (not to mention wear and tear on the vehicle), assuming I filled up at $4 a gallon. Not bad.
One thing that was a little odd was on the ride home, was that the driver kept stopping and waiting at some of the stops to stay on schedule. I rode the bus quite a bit in Provo, and never saw that happen. The strangest part was when the driver announced "I'm going to be waiting for about 6 minutes because I'm ahead of schedule, and I'm going to go over there to see if I can use the restroom." He left the bus running, doors open, got out and sure enough, headed over to a group of businesses to make a pit stop. Weird! I've never seen that, not even on all of the buses I rode in Russia. Anyone could have walked on and driven off with the bus.
So the next time you are stuck behind a bus that doesn't seem to be going anywhere, just realize that honking may not help. You might simply try pulling over and moving the bus...although in some places they might call that hijacking.
1 comment:
teehee, Amy! Why didn't you just drive yourself home? I'd like to see that!
Post a Comment