Here's a tag my sister posted on her blog. It's been fun to read the responses to hers and others who have done this.
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
6 comments:
Jumpy nights! Nuff said ;). I was sad when you out grew that. I distinctly remember the night you turned down my invite. Sad. I also remember your guinea pig and it's incessant night time squealing. Fortunately I had super Spencer sleeping power and managed to doze off anyway.
I just realized that I don't have enough Amy Memories!
I guess one would be when I wanted to be an English teacher in an inner city school; really make a difference, you know? I remember you gave me a couple books to read and you took my goals and ideas very seriously. I appreciated that.
I remember most that you came to show me your engagement ring FIRST because I was the last to know about you being engaged. Then and there I knew I would love you forever and we have had many great moments since then, haven't we? Secondly, there are not many people that I would trust with my kids lives but you have proven yourself worthy many a time. (not sure if this is to your benefit but it's definitely to mine!)
You're gonna hate the one I have...The first memory that popped into my head was your struggle with finding places when you were first driving. Like when you needed directions to A-West. I remember when we were headed to the Green Center for FRYS, and you missed the exit. You were so humiliated that you bribed us with peppermint candy to not tell anyone. I think the story somehow leaked out anyway... (although I don't think it was ME that told everyone what happened! I'm sure of it!) I remember Dad was just amazed that you managed to find your way around Russia after your track record in Arvada!
Tee hee! Sabrina's story made me laugh. I probably would have used that if she didn't first! I guess one of the earliest memories I have is of you untangling the knots out of my hair when I was in about second grade. For some reason I let my hair go uncombed for probably at least a month (or maybe it was only a week but time slowed down back then) and it grew into a horrible rat's nest! So you sat me down in the big girl's bathroom and tortured me while you combed the knots out. Thank you!
Wow! I didn't realize that my lack of a sense of direction made such a lasting impression on you all. Fat lot of good that bribe did in buying your silence! =) For the record, I am actually quite good now at finding my way around places.
I remember "jumpy nights"--I also remember one specific night when we thought we were being pretty sneaky by stuffing blankets under the door so Mom and Dad wouldn't see the light on in our room. It didn't occur to us that they could HEAR us jumping from bed to bed and making all kinds of noise when we were supposed to be sleeping.
Post a Comment