Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Twinkle toes and a redneck power point

My feet were killing me last week in a major way--particularly at the end of the days when I have no prep hour. I used the situation as an excuse to go shoe shopping on Saturday, and found some cute shoes that are very comfy! They are worth every dime (and they ended up being a lot of dimes). I had my long day today, and felt great at the end of the day. Lovely what kind of magic a new pair of shoes can work.

Last night I was in a rush at school and didn't have time to polish up my lesson plans for today. I spent about an hour at home thinking through what I wanted to accomplish with my Level II class, and developing a power point presentation to accompany. I've found that using power point has allowed me to sign more and voice much less. I e-mailed myself what I thought was my completed presentation, and even checked my school e-mail on line to make sure it got there. It didn't occur to me to OPEN the dang thing.

As the first bell rang for class, I opened my power point, only to find that I had sent myself the wrong one. Dang! I had about 3 minutes to scribble some things on some overhead transparencies I (luckily) had kicking around from last year and write some stuff on the board. Things ended up going surprisingly smoothly despite the downgrade in technology, proving to me that I really didn't need to spend all that time sweating out the details last night... right? It's been nice having a fancy projector installed in my ceiling, but it's not the end all be all of education. I hate it when things like that happen though! Doh!

No comments: