5. We got our closing packets at faculty meeting last week. Wahoo! And then I took a closer look at the schedules they have made for the last two weeks... I have come to the conclusion that whoever made the schedules has not darkened the door of a classroom for a long time. Why do we need an 8 period the week before school gets out for senior check-out? Why is the 8-period day an early out at 12:15 to boot? We basically end up with two extra A-days according to plan--and they are much longer than the B days they alternate with because of short days for graduation, the BIG assembly, etc. Sigh. I shouldn't complain. It just makes it hard to play school when you are out half the time and in the other half.
4. I drive to school in daylight. There's something about seeing the sun in the morning that is just good for the soul.
3. My ETA to school in the morning has slipped from 7:00 to 7:15 to 7:20 to, well, never mind. I have 1st period prep on both days, and it's getting harder and harder to drag my sorry bum out of bed in the mornings.
2. I can count the remaining Mondays on one hand, and that includes Memorial day.
1. Questions like, "What's my grade?" have become much more frequent and urgent.
It's getting close! Can't wait!
1 comment:
Aren't you excited? Amy, how are you? It's Ann Marie (Ipson). I found your blog because Heidi won a giveaway from Hannah and then there you were in her sidebar. What fun! How are you? I'm sure you're very anxious to be coming to summer break. What do you teach? It's great to "see" you!
Post a Comment