Sunday, April 12, 2009

Taking the plunge

I applied to WSU on Friday so I can begin work on my master's degree. I need to be accepted by WSU, and then apply to the Master's of Education program. I'm hoping I can get all of this going quickly, because I would like to get started on it this summer. I didn't realize it, but I've missed some deadlines and the first class that I need to take is full at the moment. I forget that colleges are on a different schedule than the public schools are (my cute little brother informed me yesterday that he is almost done with school--just one more week left).

Getting a master's degree has always been one of my goals, but it's been one that I've put off for a while. Part of the reason I've put it off for a while, is that there isn't a program that has what I'm looking for that's close to home. I know some people go to great lengths to find just the right program (including moving), but I'm not ready to uproot my very comfortable life and job that I love in pursuit of THE perfect degree and school. I'm not really wild about the idea of long commutes, either. One reason for starting now and going to WSU, is that because I'm teaching my high school classes as concurrent enrollment classes, I get 6 free credit of tuition a year. Can't beat being able to go to school for free. As a result, I will be doing the generic MEd program. I might do something more specialized later, but for all intents and purposes, and MEd will suit just fine.

So, here we go! I'm excited to go back to school. I love going to school. Hopefully I'll still love it when I'm done.

7 comments:

ross Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ross Walker said...

Congratulations and Good luck!

Grandpa Walker said...

Way to go Amy. Anything we can do to help?

Mom and Dad Walker

Jenny said...

You are extremely motivated! (Unfortunately, I think you sound too busy for that one favor. Yikes.)

Alan said...

Wohoo! Hope you get in (I'm sure you will). Plus you're already pretty smart. Are you really so sure you need to be more smartyr?

Or maybe smartyr would be the PhD...

Either way, it sounds potentially painful. But also fun.

Emily said...

Yeay! Congratulations. That is awesome, I hope that you get in and that you like it if you get in! :)

Amy said...

Thanks! I'm still waiting for my transcripts to get there. They should arrive this week...hopefully. Hurry up, BYU!